Two short poems.

I enjoy writing stream of consciousness poems, which can be long, like the other poem I posted here, or short, like these

  I often wonder…

I often wonder how my life would be,
if my words flowed smooth and easily,
if my speech didn’t get stuck in my mouth,
if all my sentences just poured out,
without difficulty or struggle,
if my voice didn’t so often crumble.

My life would be simple,
I would not overanalyse everything I said,
my mind and mouth would not be in constant battle,
I would not feel constant dread.


I stutter on my name...

My name is the only thing that never lies,
when I say my name and I stutter,
I am speaking my truth,
the truth that is mine.

My voice reminds me who I am,
I cannot escape it,
I cannot runaway from it,
if I do, I cannot find it.

My voice is my representation,
my voice is the thing that carries me,
my stutter is the thing that sets me free.

Comments

Popular Posts