Life update; New role

Well, Hello! 
It's been a while! 
Here's a little life update...

New role

For those who don’t follow me on Instagram, which you can do so here if you wish, I announced that I have recently been trained in for a new role in one of the places that I work.

This role is in the Box Office which, as you’ve probably already guessed, is very much a customer facing job, i.e. when I’m working the Box Office, my face is the first face that people see when they walk in and I am also the person that they are speaking with over the phone.

Yes, that’s right! The Phone! 

For those of you who stutter, I’m sure at least half of you can relate to my anxiety that surrounds the phone.

And if someone had told me three years ago that I would be answering the phone as part of my job, I definitely would not have believed them! Using the phone as part of work has always felt like a little dream of mine. The phone was always something that seemed very much out of my reach as a person who stutters but it was always something I wanted to challenge myself on.

And here I am, living out that dream. Pushing myself out of my comfort zone, Making my younger self proud. 

So if, like me you used to be afraid of the phone, just know that you are not alone in your feelings. However, you should also know that you can face up to this challenge. All you have to do is take a breath and leap. 

You got this!

Comments

Popular Posts