Words like Clouds; A Poem

I've noticed that my stutter is constantly changing, i.e. I never stutter the same way twice on a word. I think that this is one of my most special things about having a stutter. My thoughts are the same yet my words are always slightly different. Just like clouds. I wrote this poem in reflection of this and how my thoughts resemble clouds as they enter my mind freely, and how my words also resemble clouds because each one is a different shape. 

Photo by Pixabay

Words like Clouds

Slow of speech but not of tongue,
my mouth knows what way to move,
to create words with my thoughts,
to have a conversation with you.

My thoughts are fluid,
just like clouds,
as they enter my mind,
taking up space,
some want to remain there,
others waiting to be spoken aloud.

My words do not flow so easy,
some of them not coming out at all,
others tripping as they fall.

My words create space,
which may sound like silence,
but this space is mine to take,
just like the clouds in my head,
each one different yet resilient.

Comments

Popular Posts