Life Update; March 2024

I didn't actually realise that I had written a similar blog post almost a year ago but I guess we've come full circle! 

Photo by Markus Winkler


I have two life updates for you...

1. I have started a new job!

It's still in the Disability Sector and with the same organization but this time it's in Research, an area I have always been interested in working in. It's crazy to think that a year ago I had just started in my first full time position and now I've been given another amazing opportunity.
 
And like last time I have so many feelings...excitement, nervous, a bit of imposter syndrome - but maybe less of this one - you name it! This move is an obvious next step in my future and I'm hoping it'll continue to open doors for me. I know have so much to learn but I can't wait to do more fulfilling work and to hopefully help the disability sector even more.

In relation to how I feel about my stutter and my speech, I'm excited to continue pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I know that with a promotion comes new responsibility, including attending the 'dreaded' team meetings where eventually I'm going to have to speak up in. And that's scarily exciting!

Like the last time, while I'm aware this new job will be a challenge, its going to be an exciting one and one that I'm ready to take on.

On the way out the door to work

2. I passed my driving test!

I guess this update doesn't really have anything to do with my stutter but it's still something I wanted to share. I passed first time which is something I'm super proud of! Being able to drive has opened up so many doors of adventure and I'm buzzing to get going!

The test itself was nerve wrecking which made my stutter come out a lot more.
Even though my stutter was very prominent, my focus was on passing my test.
I did not need fluent speech to pass my test.
 
A couple of years ago, I wrote a blog post about how driving is similar to stuttering.
I still think this is true, although I am stalling the car way less than I was...


Keep an eye out for a more in depth look at my new job. 

Comments

Popular Posts